ORLANDO, Fla. - Florida food just got more reputable and recognized, with new rankings on the prestigious AAA Diamond List.
A dozen restaurants in the Orlando area landed on the list, with Victoria & Albert's in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ranking at the highest level of satisfaction and experience -- an honor of five diamonds. The restaurant was first given the title in 2000 and scored it again this year as one of 67 restaurants ranked at Five Diamonds.
The AAA Diamond Ratings are given to restaurants and hotels based on a combination of overall quality, the range of facilities, physical attributes and level of services offered, according to the AAA website. Trained representatives rank these businesses on a scale from one to five -- one diamond meaning the restaurant is simple and often quick-serve, and with five diamonds meaning the establishment is one with extraordinary atmosphere and cutting-edge cuisine.
Two other Florida restaurants -- Palme d’Or in Coral Gables and Salt in Fernandina Beach -- are also ranked with five diamonds earned in 2014 and 2012, respectively.
The states with the most five diamond awards include California, Nevada and New York, with Florida entering the ranking at No. 4.
Here are the 12 Central Florida restaurants awarded four diamonds by AAA:
- Luma on Park in Winter Park
- A Land Remembered at Rosen Shingle Creek Orlando
- Cala Bella at Rosen Shingle Creek Orlando
- Christini’s Ristorante Italiano in Orlando
- Norman’s at Ritz-Carlton Orlando
- Primo at JW Marriott Orlando
- Bull & Bear at Waldorf Astoria at Disney World
- Capa at Four Seasons Lake Buena Vista
- Deep Blu Seafood Grille at Wyndham Grand Orland Bonnett Creek
- The Venetian Chop House at Caribe Royale
- Todd English’s Bluezoo at Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort
Copyright 2019 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.