SUMTER COUNTY, Fla. - A dump truck traveling on Interstate-75 crashed early Wednesday morning, causing damage to an overpass, the Florida Highway Patrol said.
The driver of the dump truck was traveling north in the center lane, just after 4 a.m., with the bed of his dump truck raised.
- Police officer charged after K-9 found dead in hot car in Brevard
- Car tech privacy: Your car's infotainment system might be grabbing data…
- Florida man sent child porn to TV anchor, sheriff says
- Driver fleeing stop crashes into power pole in Longwood, police say
- Officials target speeders, aggressive drivers on I-95 in Brevard
- Powerball jackpot grows to $700 million
- Rain from tropical wave headed to Central Florida
Once the truck attempted to pass under the overpass of County Road 514, the bed collided with the overpass, officials said.
The crash closed north lanes of of I-75. Traffic has been diverted at exit 321, officials said.
Investigators are inspecting the overpass for structural issues.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.