Video: Fighter jets honor first responders with Central Florida flyover
Florida National Guard salutes Orlando-area health care workers
ORLANDO, Florida – The Florida National Guard honored Orlando-area health care workers and first responders fighting on the front line of the coronavirus pandemic with a flyover on Wednesday.
[SHARE YOUR PHOTOS: Your picture will be showcased on ClickOrlando.com and could be used on News 6]
The flyover was conducted by the 125th Fighter Wing.
Starting around 11:35 a.m., two F-15C’s from the Florida National Guard began their flight over the region.
🇺🇸 Flyover salute to #FirstResponders and healthcare workers soared right over OCFRD Headquarters and the @OrangeCoFL Emergency Ops Center. The two @USNationalGuard jets had a gorgeous backdrop with today’s beautiful blue #Florida sky! pic.twitter.com/42bLTX6jiW— OCFire Rescue (@OCFireRescue) May 13, 2020
“Residents should observe the flyover from the safety of their home or work site, and should refrain from traveling to see the flyover,” officials said prior to the flyover. “Social distancing should be practiced at all times.”
The schedule of the flyover was:
- 11:35 a.m. – Apopka High School
- 11:37 a.m. – West Orange Park
- 11:41 a.m. – Orange County Convention Center
- 11:42 a.m. – Orlando Regional Medical Center
- 11:43 a.m. – Lake Baldwin VA Clinic
- 11:44 a.m. – Jay Blanchard Park
- 11:45 a.m. – Camping World Stadium
- 11:46 a.m. – Barnett Park
- 11:49 a.m. – South Lake Hospital
Copyright 2020 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.