As coronavirus cases continue to rise in the Sunshine State, CVS Health announced Thursday that it would be opening 10 coronavirus test sites throughout the State.
These new sites will utilize self-swab tests and mark the next phase of the company’s nationwide COVID-19 testing strategy, a news release said.
[CORONAVIRUS BRIEFING: Daily ClickOrlando.com newsletter delivered to your inbox]
The 10 test sites are part of the first rollout of new sites, which includes 51 locations in Arizona, Connecticut, Florida, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania.
“While the large-scale test sites we’ve been operating since early April have proven successful, this new approach allows us to utilize our presence in communities across the country and bring testing closer to home,” said Larry J. Merlo, President and CEO, CVS Health. "Our frontline employees will continue to play a critical role in the testing process, with members of their communities directly benefitting from their dedication and selflessness.”
Self-swab tests will be available to those who meet the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention criteria, in addition to age guidelines.
In order to get a test, patients must register in advance at CVS.com beginning Friday, May 15 to schedule an appointment.
“Patients will be required to stay in their cars and directed to the pharmacy drive-thru window where they will be provided with a test kit and given instructions; a CVS Pharmacy team member will observe the self-swab process to ensure it is done properly,” officials said.
Test results will be available in approximately three days.
The new testing sites in Florida include:
- CVS Pharmacy, 1000 East Tarpon Avenue, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
- CVS Pharmacy, 2322 Land O Lakes Boulevard, Lutz, FL 33549
- CVS Pharmacy, 2400 Enterprise Road, Orange City, FL 32763
- CVS Pharmacy, 221 South S.R. 434, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
- CVS Pharmacy, 3404 S.W. Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608
- CVS Pharmacy, 8905 Bryan Dairy Road, Largo, FL 33777-1102
- CVS Pharmacy, 50 Duval Station Road, Jacksonville, FL 32218
- CVS Pharmacy, 13454 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32837
- CVS Pharmacy, 121 West MacClenny Avenue, MacClenny, FL 32063
- CVS Pharmacy, 520 South Federal Highway, Boca Raton, FL 33432
Testing will not take place inside any retail locations.
CVS Pharmacy, HealthHUB and MinuteClinic will continue to serve customers and patients, officials added.