KISSIMMEE, Fla. – Gaylord Palms Resort is welcoming back its Pirate and Princesses event beginning this Friday.
Running through Sept. 5, the Pirate and Princesses event is just a piece of the summer activities inside the resort atriums and outside at Cypress Springs Water Park.
[TRENDING: Become a News 6 Insider (it’s free!)]
“Guests can learn to be a pirate or princess in an interactive show, solve puzzles and riddles inside an enchanted escape room, raise a hearty mug of grog at a pirate-themed pop-up bar, stroll through remnants of a pirate galleon, search for treasure in a new scavenger hunt, and more,” leaders described in a news release.
Event activities include:
- Captain’s Quarters Bar: the themed pop-up bar, resembling a captain’s retreat and pirate ship’s helm, serves up beverages to satisfy every buccaneer. A new menu of nautical and royal cocktails and mocktails, created by Gaylord Palms mixologists, provides plenty of exotic thirst-quenchers for pirates of all ages.
- Captain’s Quarters Trail: A seafaring stroll provides a bounty of photo opportunities for guests to share with their favorite landlubbers. Adjacent to the Captain’s Quarters bar and adorned with ship parts and tools of the pirate trade, the trail provides treasured spots to take pictures to share with friends and family.
- The Royal Treatment: Guests visiting Relâche Spa at Gaylord Palms can enjoy summer treatments, like a luxurious lavender spa package in May, or a Father’s Day “Relax & Restore” package in June with body, face and nail treatments designed for men. The award-winning spa features a full array of treatments and therapies infused with natural elements from the garden.
- Summer Nights, Summer Lights: A kaleidoscope of color sparkles in the summer sky during the “Illuminate Florida” light show. Famous Sunshine State landmarks take center stage on the newly upgraded light curtains suspended from the atrium ceiling.
- Shiny Stash Scavenger Hunt: Searching high and low in the atrium for treasure hidden by the Princess, the interactive scavenger hunt challenges guests to solve riddles and puzzles and find the kingdom’s riches.
- Secret Garden Escape Room: A dream-like garden filled with puzzles, riddles and brainteasers is home to Gaylord Palms’ summer escape room experience. Guests hunt for clues while a mischievous fairy flutters about her fanciful forest home.
- Pirates & Princesses Academy: This live, interactive show invites guests to step into a fantasy world to hear musical tales of adventure on the high seas and inside the kingdom.
- Adventure Kids: Join The Club: join the Adventure Kids as Sophie, Seth the Sea Turtle and Ava the Alligator showcase the wonders of summer in a live stage show.
- Animal Encounters: Animal experts from Wild Florida will showcase every pirate’s favorite feathered friend, the parrot, and one of Florida’s famous indigenous snakes during these weekly visits.
Guests can take their summer fun outside at the resort’s Cypress Springs water park. The area features seven waterslides, multi-level children’s playground, two swimming pools and Crystal River Rapids, a new action river attraction that takes guests through twists and turns at more than three feet per second.
Gaylord Palms offers summer packages that include guest rooms and event tickets.
To book rooms, packages, spa treatments and buy tickets for “Pirates & Princesses” summer activities, guests may visit GaylordPalms.com.