LAKELAND, Fla. – Fire consumed a Lakeland home Sunday night, prompting the evacuation of a nearby convenience store.
No one was injured in the blaze, which broke out around 9 p.m. at 1207 Walnut St.
Lakeland fire officials said flames and heavy smoke were billowing from the house when crews arrived.
The fire spread to a van in the driveway, and the store was evacuated as a precaution, officials said.
The fire was brought under control in less than 20 minutes, according to fire officials.
Fire officials said the blaze was determined to be accidental, and the cause was electrical.
The American Red Cross will assist the family displaced by the fire.