Skip to main content

Pastors hold prayer vigil after 4 teens shot in Parramore

Woman says she narrowly escaped injury

ORLANDO, Fla. – A soul food restaurant in Orlando’s Parramore neighborhood is reopening Wednesday, several days after a shooting there injured four juveniles, according to police.

The restaurant was boarded up with bullet holes in the windows after the Sunday shooting, which police said may have stemmed from a dispute involving other juveniles.

BrekenCur Akins, an employee of Sister Soul Food in the 400 block of South Parramore Avenue, said she narrowly avoided being shot.

“When I looked up, the bullets were already flying. Shot through the bun, went through the TV, into the wall,” she said, gesturing to her hair.

The four victims were taken to a hospital for treatment, according to police. Three of them suffered non-life-threatening injuries while one suffered life-threatening injuries, investigators said.

So far, there have been no arrests in the case.

In a statement, Orlando District 5 Commissioner Shan Rose said her office stands ready to help young people.

To our young people — I am speaking to you not just as your Commissioner, but as someone who deeply cares about this community. Violence is not the answer. Picking up a gun will never solve the pain, the frustration, or the challenges you may be facing. Please put the guns down. Your life is valuable. Your purpose is greater than this moment. We are here to walk alongside you, to connect you with resources, mentorship, and real support. My office stands ready to help. I love you, and I believe in your future.

Office of District 5 Commissioner Shan Rose

Ahead of the restaurant’s reopening Wednesday, a group of pastors will hold a prayer vigil at 10:30 a.m. for the victims.

This is a developing story. Check back with News 6 for updates.