ORLANDO, Fla. - Two teenagers were arrested Sunday night for trying to loot guns from a sports store that was closed due to Hurricane Irma, Orlando police said.
Police said a standoff was underway around 4:45 p.m. after the teenagers would not come out of the Academy Sports and Outdoors store on Gardens Ridge Way that they were trying to steal the firearms, ammunition and other items from.
More News Headlines
- Looters caught on video during Hurricane Irma arrested by Fort Lauderdale police
- UPDATES: President Trump visits Florida after Hurricane Irma
- Hurricane Irma cancels concerts, cruises, closes theme parks
- Heroic efforts save Clermont man trapped in home during Hurricane Irma
- Reports of damage crop up across Central Florida in wake of Hurricane Irma
Once officers surrounded the store, one of the teenagers walked out and was arrested, police said.
The other suspect would not come out of the building even after police made several announcements on a PA system, officers said.
Orlando SWAT team members arrived and set off gas inside the building, police said. They were able to arrest the second teen shortly later.
No other details were available. Stay with News 6 and ClickOrlando.com for more on this story.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.