Florida officials are preparing residents for the worst as Hurricane Irma pounds the state of Florida.
Lake County on Sunday announced a curfew from 7 p.m. Sunday through 6 p.m. Monday.
As Lake County and city officials announce sandbag locations, shelters, and evacuations, that information will be updated in this story below.
Lake County officials said Sunday that all sandbag operations are closed.
Evacuation routes and announcements:
Lake County officials issued a voluntary evacuation order for the Astor and Lake George areas, because of the significant rainfall expected.
Residents and visitors are encouraged to find their evacuation zone and route by county determined by the Florida Division of Emergency management in case of evacuations. http://www.floridadisaster.org/publicmapping/
Lake County shelters:
Umatilla Elementary, Mount Dora High School and Round Lake Elementary shelters are all without power, officials said. Officials have said that first responders response times will be halted due to Hurricane Irma's winds.
GENERAL PUBLIC SHELTERS (pet friendly)
- Mascotte Elementary, 460 Midway Ave., Mascotte
- Round Lake Elementary, 31333 Round Lake Road, Mount Dora
- Spring Creek Elementary, 44440 Spring Creek Road, Paisley
- Treadway Elementary, 10619 Treadway School Road, Leesburg
- (CLOSED) Villages Elementary, 695 Rolling Acres Road, Lady Lake
GENERAL PUBLIC/ SPECIAL NEEDS SHELTERS (pet friendly)
- (SPECIAL NEEDS FULL) Astatula Elementary, 13925 Florida Ave., Astatula
- (SPECIAL NEEDS FULL) Leesburg Elementary, 2229 South St., Leesburg
- (SPECIAL NEEDS FULL) Lost Lake Elementary, 1901 Johns Lake Road, Clermont
- Umatilla Elementary, 401 Lake St., Umatilla
ADDITIONAL SHELTER LOCATIONS (not pet friendly; not special needs)
- Leesburg High School, 1401 Yellow Jacket Way, Leesburg
- Mount Dora High School, 700 N. Highland St., Mount Dora
- East Ridge Middle School, 13201 Excalibur Road, Clermont
- Tavares High School, 603 N. New Hampshire Ave., Tavares
- Eustis High School, 1300 E. Washington Ave., Eustis