Florida man sues Samsung over phone explosion
Man says fire caused severe burns to his legs
A Florida man is suing Samsung after he says his Galaxy Note 7 caught fire and caused severe burns to his leg.
Jonathan Strobel says the phone exploded while in his front pants pocket Sept. 9.
This lawsuit, which was filed in Palm Beach County, is believed to be the first of its kind against Samsung filed in the United States.
The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages for medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
Last week, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a recall for the phones after getting dozens of complaints about the Note 7's catching fire.
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.