Woman, toddler found on Florida Turnpike died from hydrogen sulfide inhalation, autopsies find
A woman and her 3-year-old daughter who were found on the Florida Turnpike in June died after inhaling hydrogen sulfate, according to partial autopsy reports released Tuesday.
Latifa Lincoln, 46, and her daughter were found unconscious inside their stilling-running SUV along the Florida Turnpike.
The autopsies found that both deaths were caused by hydrogen sulfide gas intoxication likely caused by a malfunction in the vehicle’s battery, according to the Orange County medical examiner’s office.
The battery that authorities found inside the vehicle was not the SUV's original battery. Investigators determined the incorrect battery was installed in the car and had stopped working properly.
The Porsche Cayenne SUV and its battery will be examined by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration.
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.