ORLANDO, Fla. – The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity has released a new mobile-friendly site for Floridians to apply for reemployment assistance.
The DEO is encouraging anyone who has not filed an application should use this new mobile-friendly site.
A lot of people in Florida have struggled to file a claim.
The phone system and online system has had issues.
The DEO had to offer paper applications to make sure people are able to send in an application.
Only Floridians who do not have a reemployment assistance claim should file an application.
The following information is asked if you are submitting an application:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s License or State ID number
- Employment information for the last 18 months for each employer
- Employer ID (You can find this on your W2 or 1099 tax form)
- Employer Name, address, phone number
- First and last day of work
- Gross earnings for the last 18 months
- Reason for separation
- If you are not a U.S. Citizen you will be asked for a registration number or other work authorization form
- A military employee should copy their DD-214 Member 4 or a copy of Member 2-7
- A federal employee should use SF-8 or SF-50
- A Union member should list a Union name, hall number, and phone number.