ORLANDO, Fla. – In a letter to Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings and Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer officials with Universal Orlando said approximately 1,123 Team Members are facing layoffs.
Universal said officials with the theme park continue to face challenges amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The parks were closed for three months during the pandemic.
Theme park officials said the Team Members facing layoffs hold a variety of positions.
The Team Members facing layoffs have already been notified.
Officials said the number above does not represent new or unannounced future layoffs.
Team Members facing a layoff were given a 60-day notice, according to officials.
These positions are not park hourly positions.
The dates of layoffs range from August through Dec. 31.
Here is a list of layoffs at five locations:
- 678 layoffs at Universal Studios Plaza
- 373 layoffs at Commodity Circle in Orlando
- 34 layoffs at Currency Drive in Orlando
- 7 layoffs at Exchange Drive in Orlando
- 31 layoffs at Old Park Lane in Orlando