LEESBURG, Fla. – A person and a cat were rescued after a fire ripped through a room at an inn Tuesday afternoon, according to the Leesburg Fire Department.
Officials said the fire was reported at Best Value Inn on Highway 27 at about 5 p.m.
After firefighters arrived on scene, they worked to control the flames and rescue anyone who may have still been inside the building.
They said they removed a door and found a person who had been shut in a bathroom. He or she was airlifted to a local trauma center for treatment.
A cat was also rescued from the flames. Pictures from the department show the feline on its back with an oxygen mask on its face while other photos depict the charred remains of one of the rooms.
Officials have not released the cause of the fire.