Dogs rescued from Sumter County house fire

Electrical issue caused fire

A dog receives oxygen after being rescued from a house fire. (Sumter County)

SUMTER COUNTY, Fla. – Three dogs were pulled from their family’s home after it caught on fire Monday afternoon, according to the Sumter County fire chief.

The fire was reported around 12:30 p.m. on West Central Avenue and officials determined it was accidental and electrical in nature. The fire began in the carport before spreading to the home.

[TRENDING: Here’s how to register for COVID-19 vaccine | Select Publix locations will offer vaccine | Fla. woman accused of screaming political profanities]

The residents weren’t home at the time but first responders rescued three dogs from the flames.

EMS revived two of the canines, which are now recovering with their family, while the third ran away after it was removed from the home.

The home suffered extensive damage from the fire.

Two dogs were rescued from a house fire in Sumter County. (Sumter County)