ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. – A junkyard building in Orlando erupted in flames Thursday morning, according to Orange County Fire Rescue.
Crews said the fire broke out at 9205 E. Colonial Drive and was under control by 11:30 a.m., within a half hour of the firefighters responding to the heavy smoke and flames.
The flames, which started from a welding spark, led to two vehicles and a dumpster catching fire, according to officials.
The building was evacuated and no injuries were reported.
The state fire marshal was notified.
#BLDFire 9205 E Colonial Dr.: Reports of junkyard building on fire, with flames and heavy smoke visible. Bldg evacuated. Several vehs on fire inside bldg. Fire now under control, crews mopping up.— OCFire Rescue (@OCFireRescue) January 13, 2022