Spring cleaning to begin on storm sewer pipes
Expect nightly lane closures in Seminole & Orange counties
Drivers in Orange and Seminole counties can expect to see more overnight construction than usual this week as crews begin a spring cleaning of sorts on the storm sewer pipes.
Crews will be removing dirt and debris from the pipes and will close at least one lane on the following roads from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. until May 4 (Friday morning).
• Goldenrod Road (SR 551): From Lake Underhill Road to Hoffner Avenue
• Kirkman Road (SR 435): From Colonial Drive (SR 50) to just south of the Florida Turnpike
• Orange Avenue (SR 527) in the City of Edgewood: The southbound, one-way section from Hansel to Orange Avenue
• Curry Ford Road (SR 552): From Conway Road to Goldenrod Road (SR 551)
• US 17/92 in Seminole County: From Melody Lane in Casselberry to Sheppard Road in Longwood
• Kissimmee-Vineland Road (SR 535) in Orange County: From World Center Drive (SR 536) to Osceola County Line
• US 17 92 in Orange County: From SR 50 to Lake Shore Drive
The Florida Department of Transportation urges motorists to drive carefully in construction zones, and that all vehicle occupants buckle up. Safety belts save lives.