ORLANDO, Fla. – Several local law enforcement agencies are being proactive to try and prevent burglaries this holiday season.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office posted on its Facebook page that its burglary box was back by popular demand.
Dumpsters have been placed around for people to discard cardboard boxes of high-end gifts like flat-screen TVs, gaming consoles, tablets and laptops.
This helps keep those large cardboard boxes off your curb and criminals knowing what’s now inside your house.
Orange County Sheriff’s Office burglary box locations:
- Sector I Sub-Station, 1111 N. Rock Springs Road, Apopka
- 2714 N. Pine Hills Road Orlando, (Shopping Plaza at northwest corner of Silver Star/Pine Hills
- Waterford Lakes Towne Center, 525 N. Alafaya Trail Orlando (Behind Pier 1)
- St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 4851 S. Apopka Vineland Road, Orlando
- Walmart New Independence, 16313 New Independence Parkway
- Conway United Methodist Church, 3401 South Conway Road, Orlando
- Publix, 12195 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando
- Winn Dixie, 11957 S. Apopka Vineland Road, Orlando
The Ocoee Police Department has similar program they call Operation Safe Disposal.
Its two drop-off locations will be available until Jan. 2.
- Property on Brushy Creek Court, South of Ocoee PD headquarters, Ocoee
- Vignetti Park, 1901 Adair St., Ocoee