1 critically injured in fire at DeLand home
Witness hears victim yelling for help, calls 911
DeLAND, Fla. – A 55-year-old man was critically injured Tuesday morning in a DeLand house fire, officials said.
The fire was reported at 7:20 a.m. after someone spotted smoke and heard a man yelling for help in a mobile home at 147 Oak Drive.
Firefighters rescued the victim, who was taken to Central Florida Regional Hospital in Sanford in critical condition, officials said.
The fire was contained to a bedroom.
Officials said Wednesday that the fire was believed to have started as a result of the victim smoking cigarettes while using his oxygen tank, according to a report.
The man was still in critical condition at last check, officials said.
No other details have been released.
Copyright 2019 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.