OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. - A Harmony High School geometry teacher has resigned on Tuesday after making a controversial comment on his Facebook page over the weekend.
Eric Trowbridge posted "Kinda cute" on a girl’s Facebook page. He was reassigned on Monday by the school district.
- Autistic boy grabbed by neck at school while 2 teacher's aides look on
- Palm Bay teacher fired for biting special-needs student
- Substitute teacher accused of inappropriately touching female students
- Marion teacher accused of molestation might have more victims, cops say
- Dunnellon High School teacher accused of inappropriately touching student
Osceola County Schools officials were notified about his comment over the weekend, school district spokeswoman Dana Schafer said.
The district reassigned Trowbridge, who is to have no contact with children, Schafer said.
Trowbridge began working for Osceola County Schools in 2002 as a substitute, the county told News 6. He became a teacher at Harmony High School in 2008.
Trowbridge was removed from a coaching position in 2013 because of inappropriate behavior. The district said he has not been coaching since the incident.
Trowbridge remains employed by the school district while the human resources department investigates.
Copyright 2017 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.