ORLANDO, Fla. – As health and government officials encourage people to stay home during the coronavirus pandemic, churches and other religious organizations are offering resources to worship online, without leaving home.
The online approach comes after the White House and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention laid out guidelines for social gatherings during the global outbreak, encouraging the practice of social distancing to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
Here are some ways to get your spiritual fix while social distancing:
- The Diocese of Orlando posted a list of resources parishioners can follow while Mass celebration is suspended.
- First Presbyterian Church of Orlando is broadcasting its Sunday worship services at 8:45 a.m. and 11:05 a.m.
- The Fellowship is offering drive-in church services in Leesburg, allowing people to worship and hear receive the message from inside their cars.
- East Coast Believers, a nondenominational church with campuses in Lake Nona and Oviedo, is streaming Sunday services online and holding prayer sessions in a daily webcast.
- The Muslim Women’s Organization is offering virtual happy hour meetups as a way for women to connect daily during the pandemic.
- On Sundays at 10:45 a.m., Eastwind Pentacostal Church is broadcasting services of singing, announcements and preaching online.
- Congregation Ohev Shalom Orlando is broadcasting services on its livestream channel and is posting PDF files of their “Siddur Lev Shalem” Shabbat prayer book online that can easily be downloaded.
- First United Methodist Church is offering worship sessions on its website and through Facebook Live, where the church is also providing brief devotionals and other updates daily.
- The Florida Conference of Seventh-day Adventists is offering dozens of livestreamed services during this time. Click here to see a complete list.
- Church in the Son is livestreaming services Sundays at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. and Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
- Calvary Orlando livestreams its services here and services for Calvary Español can be viewed here.
- The Church at 434 in Winter Springs is also streaming church online.
- Sermons from Cocoa Beach’s Community Church services can be watched on the church’s website.
- Celebration Community Church is livestreaming services Saturday evening and Sunday morning on Facebook and YouTube.
- St. John Lutheran Church is livestreaming its Sunday services and is working to add additional services and programs to its website in the coming days.
- Liv It Church in DeLand streams its 10 a.m. Sunday service online.
- City of Life Church in Kissimmee is streaming its worship services online and has prepared special services for kids.
- Watch Church of the Lakes’ livestream service and view this week’s bulletin to follow along and take notes.
- First Baptist Church of Mount Dora is livestreaming its service on its website.
- East Coast Christian Center streams several services online Sunday morning.
- Northland Church streams its regular Saturday and Sunday worship services on Facebook and several other platforms and offers daily devotions via Facebook Live.
- Casa Cristiana Jesus Worship Center will offer its Sunday service on Facebook, YouTube and Instagram with simultaneous translation in sign language.
- New Covenant Church in Winter Springs will also offer church online Sunday morning.
- Iglesia Nueva Vida holds bilingual church services online.
- First United Methodist Church of Winter Park offers online worship services Sundays at 8 and 11 a.m. for traditional services and 9:30 a.m. for a contemporary service. More information can be found at fumcwp.org/live.
- The Bible Baptist Church in DeLand streams its services Sunday morning and Sunday and Thursday evenings.
- Live Church streams its services every Sunday morning on LiveChurchOrlando.com.
- Volusia County Baptist Church livestreams it services at vcbc.tv, Facebook and YouTube on Sundays at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- St. Thomas Episcopal Church in Palm Coast will stream services on Palm Sunday, Holy Week and Easter. The church also offers drive-through Palm pick up, Palm cross making kits, online stations of the cross and more at www.stthomaspalmcoast.com
- Trinity Lutheran Church in Kissimmee will stream its Easter service at 10:25 a.m. April 12.
Did we miss any online services or other resources? Let us know in the comments below.
This list will be updated with more information as it becomes available.