SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. – A Seminole County man said some Good Samaritans helped save his life a couple of weeks ago while he was shopping inside a Home Depot.
The man said that a new AED device inside the store helped play a critical role in surviving the ordeal.
Joe Pacaholski said on March 29 he collapsed while inside Home Depot’s Altamonte Springs location.
“If it wasn’t for that initial call from the cashier, I wouldn’t be here and then everyone in between,” Pacaholski said.
Pacaholski said the next thing he remembers is waking up in a hospital room the next day.
“They explained to me what happened, and I was in shock. They were talking about burns on my chest from an AED device. I had no idea,” Pacaholski said.
With the help of his friend Lisa Dettori, the two have been piecing together what led up to his cardiac arrest. The incident put him in the hospital for more than a week.