Large fire destroys Daytona Beach house

Space heater sparks fire on Caroline Street

Crews battled fire on Caroline Street early Wednesday, March 2. (Daytona Beach Fire Department)

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Firefighters battled a large house fire in Daytona Beach that was caused by a space heater, according to the fire department.

The Daytona Beach Fire Department said firefighters responded to the home on Caroline Street early Wednesday.

[TRENDING: Become a News 6 Insider (it’s free!)]

The department said crews were able to keep the fire from spreading to nearby homes and put it out.

The home is a “total loss,” the department said.

One resident was displaced by the fire.

Officials determined the fire was caused by a space heater.

About the Author:

Brenda Argueta is a digital journalist who joined in March 2021. She graduated from UCF and returned to Central Florida after working in Colorado.