ORLANDO, Fla. – Baby supplies are needed in hurricane-affected parts of Florida, and Healthy Start Florida is putting out a call for donations.
The agency said it needs pre-mixed baby formula — not powdered formula — since some areas don’t have access to safe drinking water. It also needs baby bottles with disposable liners and other baby supplies like diapers.
Donations are especially needed for the following counties: Lee, Collier, Hendry, Glades, Charlotte, Sarasota, Manatee, Hardee, Highlands, Polk, Flagler, Volusia and DeSoto.
Healthy Start Florida is asking donors to buy the supplies online and have them shipped directly to one of the Healthy Start locations.
You can buy items directly from Amazon wish lists and send them to the affected agencies:
- Southwest Florida (Lee, Collier, Hendry, Glades)
If you wish to make a cash donation instead, you can donate directly to each Healthy Start Coalition by going to their websites:
- Healthy Start Coalition of Southwest Florida, 1921 Jefferson Ave., Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Charlotte County Healthy Start Coalition, c/o Magi Cooper, Executive Director, 24440 Lakeview Place, Port Charlotte, FL 33980
- Healthy Start Coalition of Sarasota County, 1750 17th St. Building A, Sarasota, FL 34234
- Healthy Start Coalition of Manatee County, 612 7th St. W., Palmetto, FL 34221
- Healthy Start Coalition of Hardee, Highlands, Polk Counties, 115 KD Revell Road, Wauchula, FL 33830
- Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler & Volusia Counties, 109 Executive Circle, Daytona Beach, FL 32114