5 students taken to hospital after air conditioner malfunctions at Lake Weir High School
MARION COUNTY, Fla. – Five students and one adult were taken to a hospital as a precaution after an air conditioning unit at Lake Weir High School malfunctioned on Wednesday, sending fumes into a classroom. Principal Colleen Wade wrote in a message to parents that the incident happened after lunch. We did have a large emergency response with dozens of police and fire vehicles on campus… all to ensure everyone was safe,” Wade wrote. “Our team did a great job, and our students knew exactly what to do in this situation. Marion County Public Schools said all operations on campus were normal by about 2:30 p.m.