ORLANDO, Fla. - Another summer day in Central Florida means another day of tracking rain.
Storms were producing heavy rainfall Wednesday afternoon from New Smyrna Beach to Orlando and south to Lake Kissimmee, according to the National Weather Service.
A strong thunderstorm near Bronson was moving east at 15 mph capable of producing wind gusts in excess of 45 mph.
"This heavy rain will lead to minor flooding over the next 2-3 hours," the weather service said. "If you come across a flooded roadway, find another route."
The National Weather Service issued a warning to Osceola County residents Wednesday afternoon, saying a storm over the area had the potential to produce funnel clouds. The City of Kissimmee retweeted the warning, asking residents to seek shelter.
⚠️ Weather Alert! There is a potential for funnel clouds near the City of Kissimmee. We urge all residents and visitors to take shelter. https://t.co/w1z8CkJ3sU — City of Kissimmee (@CityofKissimmee) August 7, 2019
"We will once again be pinpointing rain across Central Florida for the afternoon drive Wednesday," News 6 meteorologist Troy Bridges said.
Orlando is expected to see a high of 92 degrees, which is the average high on this date.
There's a 60% chance of rain across the region.
"We will see the sea breezes interact with the afternoon heating to fire up more storms, mainly after 2 p.m.," Bridges said. "We also have a wind flow out of the west-southwest, bringing in more moisture from the Gulf of Mexico. This will help set the stage for some heavier downpours in time for the drive home."
Expect a 60% coverage of rain on Thursday. Rain chances will be 40% on Friday and Saturday.
Daytona Beach on Tuesday received 1.6 inches of rain, setting a daily rainfall record for Aug. 6. Orlando had 0.02 inches of rain, putting the city's yearly rainfall deficit at 3.52 inches.
Watch News 6 for more weather news.
Copyright 2019 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.