54ºF

Wheelchair explodes inside Winter Park home, sparks fire

No one injured in incident

A fire breaks out in Winter Park.
A fire breaks out in Winter Park.

WINTER PARK, Fla. – A motorized wheelchair exploded early Thursday inside a Winter Park home, sparking a fire, officials said.

[RECOMMENDED: Fire ignites at Epcot's Norway Pavilion | Woman to deputy: 'No wonder you people get shot']

The fire broke out around 2 a.m. on McKean Circle off Palmer Avenue.

According to authorities, the battery on the wheelchair may have caused the explosion.

A couple and two dogs inside the home were not injured.

Smoke caused extensive damage to the home, firefighters said.

[SEE THESE?  Worst tattoos ever | Tattoo spell checkFashionable felons | Office signs]

The state fire marshal is investigating.

Photos: Recent Fla. mugshots