People’s food tastes vary state by state, and so do the fast food chains that feed them.
What is popular in one state might not even be available in another state.
And I’m sure there are fast food chains on the list that you’ve never even heard of.
In honor of National Fast Food Day Friday, take a look at the most popular fast food chains by state, broken down by MSN.com.
Floridians flock to PDQ in Tampa the most, according to MSN. That is where the chain first opened in Florida in 2011.
PDQ stands for people dedicated to quality, and it sounds like the chain has quite the fan base by topping the list in Florida in just a few short years of existence.
Some of the most popular food chains make sense, and some may surprise you.
We all know California is synonymous for In-N-Out Burger, but for Alaska to have an ice cream store as its favorite, we're a bit thrown off by that one.
- Alabama: Jack’s, Birmingham
- Alaska: Tastee Freeze
- Arizona: Raising Cane’s, Phoenix
- Arkansas: Whataburger, Fayetteville
- California: In-N-Out Burger, Baldwin Park
- Colorado: Good Times Burgers & Frozen Custard, Boulder
- Connecticut: Shake Shack, New Haven
- Delaware: Wawa, Dover
- Florida: PDQ, Tampa
- Georgia: Krystal, Atlanta
- Hawaii: Jollibee, Honolulu
- Idaho: Arctic Circle, Boise
- Illinois: Portillo's, Chicago
- Indiana: Steak 'n Shake, Indianapolis
- Iowa: Pancheros, Iowa City
- Kansas: Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, Wichita
- Kentucky: Culver's, Louisville
- Louisiana: Dat Dog, New Orleans
- Maine: D'Angelo's, Portland
- Maryland: Thrasher's French Fries, Ocean City
- Massachusetts: Friendly's, Wilbraham
- Michigan: Hungry Howie's, Madison Heights
- Minnesota: Taco John's, Duluth
- Mississippi: Zaxby's, Jackson
- Missouri: Lion's Choice, St. Louis
- Montana: Taco Treat, Billings
- Nebraska: Runza, Lincoln
- Nevada: Taco Time, Las Vegas
- New Hampshire: Mr. Mac's Macaroni and Cheese, Manchester
- New Jersey: Cheeburger Cheeburger, Howell
- New Mexico: Twister's Burgers and Burritos, Albuquerque
- New York: Golden Krust, Brooklyn
- North Carolina: Bojangles' Famous Chicken n' Biscuits, Charlotte
- North Dakota: Pizza Ranch, Fargo
- Ohio: Skyline Chili, Cincinnati
- Oklahoma: Taco Bueno, Oklahoma City
- Oregon: Burgerville, Portland
- Pennsylvania: Sheetz, Altoona
- Rhode Island: Pollo Campero, Providence
- South Carolina: Waffle House, Greenville
- South Dakota: Erbert & Gerbert's, Sioux Falls
- Tennessee: Pal's Sudden Service, Tri-Cities
- Texas: Torchy's Tacos, Austin
- Utah: The Iceberg Drive Inn, Salt Lake City
- Vermont: Al's French Frys, South Burlington
- Virginia: Biscuitville, Danville
- Washington: Dick's Drive-In, Seattle
- West Virginia: Eat'n Park, Morgantown
- Wisconsin: Kopp's, Milwaukee
- Wyoming: Original Hamburger Stand, Casper