Orlando police seize $440K worth of stolen merchandise from storage units and house
Police seize $33K worth of stolen Home Depot merchandise after search warrant served at family home of suspect
ORLANDO, Fla. – The Orlando Police Department served a search warrant for the family home of the man they took in custody two weeks ago after officers seized $367,000 worth of stolen merchandise from storage units.
Carlos Negron, 40, is facing charges of:
- Trafficking in cocaine
- Trafficking in heroin
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- Possession of ammunition by a convicted felon
- Fleeing police
- Resisting officer without violence
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
Police said the following stolen items were found in the family home:
- $6,040 worth of items from Ross
- $19,210.57 worth of items from Macy’s
- $13,346 worth of items from Walmart
- $33,583.37 worth of items from Home Depot
- $1,200 worth of items from Marshalls
Investigators said $440,479 worth of stolen merchandise in total was seized in the search warrants served at the family home and the storage units.
Police said 368 boxes of evidence still needs to be checked by employees with Macy’s and Ross.
Back on Jan. 9, Property Detectives and the Special Enforcement Division executed a search warrant on several units at Public Storage on South Goldenrod Road.
Investigators said they obtained the warrant after information they discovered from a property crime investigation involving a ring of retail theft suspects going back to incidents from July of 2019.
Officers said the warrant was on units under the control of 40-year-old Carlos Negron.
Authorities said the following stolen items were found in storage units:
- 6,911 items worth $189,571 from Walmart
- 292 items worth $40,030 from Home Depot
- 1,606 pairs of shoes worth $136,493.94 from Ross
- Most of the shoes were Nike brand
- 32 items worth $1,003.66 from TJ Maxx and Marshalls
- 17 items worth $617 from Publix
Police said 223 bottles of stolen wine estimated at $10,000 were also found.
Investigators said they also found four stolen guns, heroin, cocaine, and $50,891 in cash.
Authorities said Negron tried to leave the scene when officers tried to detain him.
He was caught during a pursuit, according to police.
Police have not announced at this time if additional charges will be added after the latest search warrant.
Copyright 2020 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.