ORLANDO, Fla. – Florida gas prices have dropped 10 cents over the last week, continuing their fall from a record high set in June.
According to AAA, the average price per gallon is $4.54 as of Tuesday.
“Gas prices are being dragged lower by falling crude oil prices, which suffered steep losses Tuesday, on worries of a global economic slowdown,” AAA spokesman Mark Jenkins said in a release. “If these futures price drops hold, drivers could see Florida gas prices drift back below $4.10 per gallon. However, this is still an extremely volatile fuel market, and we’ve seen oil prices rebound so many times in the past several months.”
AAA said the price per barrel for U.S. crude oil dropped below $100 for the first time in eight weeks.
Ways to save on gasoline
- Combine errands to limit driving time.
- Shop around for the best gas prices in your community.
- Consider paying cash. Some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
- Remove excess weight in your vehicle.
- Drive conservatively. Aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.