Many locations in Central Florida were forced to close ahead of Nicole’s arrival early Thursday morning in preparation for the storm, which hit Florida as a Category 1 hurricane.
Now, as Nicole bends away toward the northwest, many of these locations are set to reopen. Check below for a county-by-county list of reopening announcements.
- Cape Canaveral Space Force Station will return to normal operations beginning Friday.
- Melbourne City Hall and all City of Melbourne facilities will reopen to the public as regularly scheduled on Nov. 11, with the exception of the Front Street boat ramps.
- The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex is scheduled to reopen Friday at 9 a.m.
Marion County Public Schools will reopen Friday, with the exception of Anthony Elementary School.
Orange County Public Schools are scheduled to reopen Monday, Nov. 14.
- Orlando International Airport is set to reopen for domestic arrivals Thursday at 8 p.m. Operations for international and domestic flights will continue Friday.
- University of Central Florida will reopen for normal operations on Saturday. Student and employees can click here for more information.
- Walt Disney World announced a phased reopening on Thursday.
- Magic Kingdom will open from noon to 6 p.m., with plans to proceed with Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at 7 p.m.
- Epcot will open from 1 - 9 p.m.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom will open from 1 - 7 p.m.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open from 2 - 10 p.m. Fantasmic! will not be presented on Thursday.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and miniature golf courses will remain closed through Thursday.
- Universal Studios Florida, CityWalk and Islands of Adventure had a limited opening Thursday for hotel guests only. All parks will fully reopen Friday.
- Gatorland is scheduled to reopen Friday, Nov. 11 at 10 a.m.
- LegoLand Florida Resort will have an adjusted schedule for Thursday.
- Legoland Florida Theme Park will be open from 12 - 6 p.m.
- Peppa Pig Theme Park will be open from 12 - 5 p.m.
- City offices and the city library will reopen Friday.
- Orlando Sanford International Airport is expected to reopen Friday for scheduled flights.
- Daytona International Airport is set to reopen 4 a.m. Friday, and the airfield will reopen at 6 a.m.
NEW SMYRNA BEACH
- City offices will reopen Friday, Nov. 11 at 8 a.m.
This list will be updated as further information becomes available. Check back for updates.