Skip to main content

No charges for driver after I-4 crash leaves 3 dead in Central Florida

Lindsey Isaacs, 23, originally arrested over fatal crash

VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. – A driver will not be charged after a crash along Interstate 4 left three people dead late last year, according to court records obtained by News 6.

The Florida Highway Patrol said the crash happened late at night back in October in the Deltona area.

At the time, a vehicle had changed lanes into the path of another car, sparking a chain-reaction crash that involved multiple other vehicles, the FHP reported.

In all, three people died, troopers revealed. One was a motorcyclist, and the other two were Flagler County deputy county administrator, Jorge Salinas, and his wife.

Flagler County Deputy County Administrator Jorge Salinas (Flagler County)

The offending vehicle fled the scene, but last month, troopers announced that the driver — identified as 23-year-old Lindsey Isaacs of Ocala — had been arrested.

As a result, jail records showed that she faced the following charges:

  • Leaving the scene of a crash involving serious bodily injury
  • Reckless driving, causing serious bodily injury
  • Leaving the scene of a crash involving death (3 counts)
  • Vehicular homicide (3 counts)

But on Friday, News 6 obtained court records that show no information was filed against Isaacs by prosecutors.

Last week, News 6 learned that her arraignment had been postponed after prosecutors revealed that new evidence had emerged in the case, though they declined to publicly disclose what it was.

In addition, her attorney, Patrick McGeehan, posted a video to social media following her release from custody.

“Major development in the case that doesn’t usually happen and is completely out of the ordinary,” McGeehan said in the video. “We maintain her innocence. We have fought back and pushed back against the FHP and the state.”

News 6 asked FHP whether investigators are still actively working the case and whether another driver could be responsible for the deaths. In a statement, the agency said:

“This case involved three fatalities, and cases such as these are incredibly complex, requiring reconstruction and countless hours of investigation to confirm or rule out potential leads. If the involvement of another vehicle and/or person is identified at a future time, an update will be provided.”


Loading...