TITUSVILLE, Fla. – Some of NASA’s finest will be on hand to search for the perfect Marstini at this year’s annual Taste of Space at Kennedy Space Center next month.
The event is Oct. 7 from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the visitor’s center in the Gateway: Deep Space Launch Complex.
Guests will get to mingle with astronauts, sample food and drinks and vote for the Marstini Shake-off People’s Choice Award, a competition among local bars and restaurants to create the Marstini cocktail.
Check out the Florida Foodie podcast. You can find every episode in the media player below:
Participating restaurants and bars so far include Playalinda Brewing Company, Third Culture Kitchen, The Space Bar and Jack & Harry’s.
Food options include:
- Robonaut Red Ale Beer Cheese Dip with Pretzel Bites
- Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Apricot Jam
- Arugula Salad with Toasted Pecans, Dried Cranberries and Citrus Vinaigrette
- Wisconsin Cheddar Soup with Smoked Applewood Bacon and Pretzel Croutons
- Cheesy Potato and Bratwurst Casserole
- Pork Schnitzel Slider Topped with Brussel Sprout Slaw, Tossed with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Carved Roasted Turkey Breast with Root Vegetables and Spiced Apple Cider Glaze
- Black Forest Cupcakes
- Citrus Gelatin Finished with Keyline Foam in Mini Beer Steins
- Apple Blossom with Caramel Sauce
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Ginger Snaps
Tickets for the event are $159 and can be purchased on the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex website.