ORLANDO, Fla. – People can get free admission to more than a dozen Central Florida museums on Saturday, Sept. 17.
Museum Day, sponsored by Smithsonian magazine, is an annual event where museums and other institutions across the country accept free admission tickets from the Smithsonian magazine website. It began in 2005 in conjunction with the magazine’s 35th anniversary.
[TRENDING: Professional dancer loses legs after contracting meningococcal meningitis infection | Museum Day: How to get free admission to Central Florida museums | Enter to win Kroger grocery gift card | Become a News 6 Insider (it’s free!)]
To get a ticket, go to the website and find the museum you want to visit. Then, click “Get a Ticket” and fill out your email and name.
You get one ticket, good for you and a guest, to get into the museum for free. Only one ticket is allowed per email address so if you want to go to multiple museums, you can only get into one for free.
If your party is larger than two people, others will have to pay full admission unless they can get their own ticket with an email.
For more information, head to the Museum Day website and check out the frequently asked questions and the other museums taking part in Museum Day across Florida.
Here are the Central Florida museums taking part in Museum Day. More museums may be added so keep checking before you order that ticket, but be aware — the museum has the right to limit tickets due to capacity.
- Albin Polasek Museum and Sculpture Gardens — Winter Park
- American Space Museum — Titusville
- Appleton Museum of Art — Ocala
- Art & History Museums of Maitland — Maitland
- Flagler Beach Historical Museum — Flagler Beach
- Florida Agricultural and Rural Museum — Palm Coast
- Gillespie Museum at Stetson University — DeLand
- Mount Dora History Museum — Mount Dora
- Museum of Arts and Sciences — Daytona Beach
- Orange County Regional History Center — Orlando
- Polk Museum of Art — Lakeland
- The Mennello Museum of American Art — Orlando
Get today’s headlines in minutes with Your Florida Daily: