BAY LAKE, Fla. – Spring has officially sprung at Walt Disney World.
The resort is currently celebrating its 50th anniversary, and now is the perfect time to celebrate the season and upcoming Easter holiday. If you plan on visiting, we have uncovered a number of fun activities for families to experience while out exploring the theme parks and nearby resort hotels.
[TRENDING: Become a News 6 Insider (it’s free!)]
Take a look at some of our favorites things below.
1. Resort Easter egg displays
Guests can visit select Walt Disney World resorts to see incredible Easter egg displays that are created by some of Disney’s incredibly talented pastry chefs. Each egg showcases some of Disney’s most popular characters, including Ariel, Orange Bird, 101 Dalmatians, Stich, and Isabela and Mirabel from the popular film “Encanto.”
Some eggs we found at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa were shaped like Cinderella’s carriage (complete with a 50th anniversary license plate) and EPCOT’s Space Ship.
According to Disney, each egg is made out of chocolate and decorated with edible products like modeling chocolate, fondant, sugar floral, royal icing, cocoa butter and sculpted sugar pieces. Some of the eggs can weigh up to 100 pounds.
The egg journey moves to Disney’s Beach Club Resort. That Stitch egg is perfecto! 👌 pic.twitter.com/4lfJEgrbJy— Landon McReynolds (@LandonProducer) April 3, 2022
We found some egg displays at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, as well as Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort.
2. Delicious Easter desserts
Nothing says Easter without a chocolate bunny, jelly beans or festive Carrot Blondie Pop. You can find it all across Walt Disney World. The pastry chefs are rolling out fun and decorative desserts for families to enjoy as we hop closer to Easter.
Here are some of the things we found on some of the menus:
- Contempo Café at Disney’s Contemporary Resort: Assorted Easter macaroons, Easter Bunny Cupcake, Easter Chocolate Bark and Easter Sugar Cookie Sandwich.
- Gasparilla Island Grill at Disney Grand Floridian Resort and Spa: Bunny Blondie pop, Spring Bird’s Nest Doughnut and Peanut Butter Bunny Cookie.
- The Grand Cottage at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa lobby: Crispy Cereal Egg, Raspberry Minnie Fudge, Spring Garden Chocolate Dirt Cup, Carrot Blondie pop, Chocolate Bunny, the Grand Egg, Mickey Woopie Pie, Baby Chick Lemon Cupcake. *Open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. through April 18.
- Disney’s Yacht Club at Ale and Compass Marketplace: Mickey Chocolate Easter Egg, Minnie Chocolate Easter Egg, Easter Chocolate Cookie Lollipop, Robin’s Egg Blueberry Macrons, Cookies ‘n Cream Cheesecake, Spring Cupcake and Lemon Crinkle Cookies.
- Disney’s Beach Club Marketplace: Mickey Chocolate Easter Egg, Minnie Chocolate Easter Egg, Easter Chocolate Cookie Lollipop, Robin’s Egg Blueberry Macrons, Cookies ‘n Cream Cheesecake, Spring Cupcake and Lemon Crinkle Cookies.
- Disney’s Candy Cauldron at Disney Springs: Werther’s Caramel Apple Easter Bunny, Werther’s Original Carmel Apple Minnie Mouse, Mickey Easter Mallow.
Many items can be purchased through mobile orders on the My Disney Experience app for a limited time.
3. Egg-Stravaganza Easter Egg Hunt
Families with smaller children visiting EPCOT not only have the Spike the Bee: Pollen-Nation Exploration Scavenger Hunt to experience, but there is also a fun Easter scavenger hunt happening, too. For $9.99, guests can search across the World Showcase for giant eggs that are themed to popular characters that include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy. Families can purchase a map and search for the eggs.
Once all the Easter eggs have been found, families can return the map for a prize: a collector’s cup.
The 2022 Egg-Stravaganza Easter Egg Hunt maps can be purchased at EPCOT’s Creations Shop, Pin Traders and Gateway Gifts. Redemptions are valid through April 30.
4. Beautiful spring displays at EPCOT
If you’re looking for a slower pace and just want to take in the sights and sounds of spring, head to EPCOT. Right now, the theme park is celebrating spring during its EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival.
The festival, which runs through July 4, features dozens of colorful gardens, character topiaries, butterfly gardens, merchandise and live entertainment.
Did we mention the food that’s available?
While you’re out there, be sure to snap a picture with one of Disney’s special magic shots that celebrates the festival. On Wednesday, Disney said they’re introducing five new magic shots across the park, of which include Orange Bird, Spike the Bee, Isabela from Encanto and even one that is a pixie-dusted magic shot.
Click here for more information about Walt Disney World.
Use the form below to sign up for the ClickOrlando.com In the Loop: Theme Park Scoops newsletter, sent every Friday morning.