WINTER GARDEN, Fla. – A lightning strike caused a fire to spark in a Winter Garden home Sunday, according to the Winter Garden Fire Rescue Department.
Fire Chief Jose P. Gainza said in a statement to News 6 crews responded to a home off Home Grove Drive and once they went inside, they were met with “a large amount of smoke.”
The fire chief said crews found the fire and “heavy black smoke” in the attic.
As of 2:07 p.m., crews are still checking for extention, but the fire in under control, according to the department.
There are no reported injuries.