BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. – Brevard County is partnering with the Salvation Army to distribute flood cleanup kits to county residents impacted by Hurricane Ian, officials announced Friday.
While supplies last, kits will be distributed at libraries in the most-impacted areas across the county starting on Saturday.
The cleanup kits, which are designed to clean and disinfect homes following hurricanes or floods, contain a 5-gallon bucket, 14 inch broom, 14 inch squeegee, mop head, brushes, sponge, work gloves, rubber gloves, mask, heavy duty garbage bags and liquid cleaner.
The following libraries will facilitate kit distribution during regular operating hours:
- Catherine Schweinsberg Rood Central Library, 308 Forrest Ave., Cocoa
- Franklin T Degroodt Public Library, 6475 Minton Road, Palm Bay
- Melbourne Public Library, 540 E. Fee Ave., Melbourne
- Merritt Island Public Library, 1195 N. Courtney Pkwy., Merritt Island
- Mims Scottsmoor Public Library, 3615 Lionel Road, Mims (Closed Saturdays and Sundays; opens Monday, Oct. 17 at 9 a.m.)
- Port St. John Public Library, 6500 Carole Ave., Cocoa
- Titusville Public Library, 2121 S Hopkins Ave., Titusville
Get today’s headlines in minutes with Your Florida Daily: